Monday, June 4, 2012

Coleccion de Arte Amalia Lacroze de Fortabat


        Coleccion de Arte Amalia Lacroze de Fortabat was very interesting. I thought the minimalist layout of the museum was very effective. I like that it was quite and very calm. Sometime when you are in a large museum, like the MET, things can get loud and you are not really able to concentrate on what you are looking at. If you wanted to, you could sit and study a piece of work as long as you wanted. 
        One artist, whose work I wish there was more of, that I enjoyed was Joge de la Vega. He has a painting called Retrato de Eleanor Rigby (Portrait of Eleanor Rigby). Is was vey bight and had clean cut lines. It reminded me a lot of an Argentine Peter Max or Peter Blake. The painting is also from the the mid- 1960s which is the same time that both Max and Blake were working. I found this interesting that the same art movements were going on, so far away from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment