Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Evita


The documentary about Evita made me understand a lot more about the related things we saw in the city. I did not really know much about Evita prior to going to Buenos Aires, and the film really helped me to understand the Argentine love for her. 

I felt that the documentary gave mixed messages about Evita. It talked about all the things that she tried to accomplished for the people but in a very negative way. It seem to be skeptical of what Evita was doing. I guess because I am an outsider I cant really understand, however how can building a safe and secure place for children to play and learn make you a bad person? This brings up the argument that is a good deed any less nobel if you are doing it for publicity? Is a charitable work only worth something if you do it in completely out public eye?

In my opinion Evita did a lot of great things that did benefit the people of Argentina. Wether her intentions were pure or not are up for debate, however I personally do not thing that it devalued the works that she accomplished as her time in as first lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment